Thursday, March 17, 2011

Quotes

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY! It is random that the day I happen to get around to posting is St. Patricks Day so I will give you a St. Patricks Day Quote and then get on with business.




St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic.  ~Adrienne Cook
Today it was really nice and happy out, so we did get a bit of Summer Magic.
Now to business as usual...
Here are some quotes I like.....
I typed that and then ran into a problem... you see I was going to have catagories of quotes like Harry Potter and the Hunger Games but I have so many quotes from those books that I could really make categories within that catagory. So I will do those quotes later. 
Taoism
Now, scholars can be very useful and necessary, in their own dull and unamusing way. They provide a lot of information. It's just that there is Something More, and that Something More is what life is really all about.
— Benjamin Hoff
We don't need to shift our responsibilities onto the shoulders of some deified Spiritual Superman, or sit around and wait for Fate to come knocking at the door. We simply need to believe in the power that's within us, and use it. When we do that, and stop imitating others and competing against them, things begin to work for us.
— Benjamin Hoff
— Benjamin Hoff
When you discard arrogance, complexity, and a few other things that get in the way, sooner or later you will discover that simple, childlike, and mysterious secret known to those of the Uncarved Block: Life is Fun.
— Benjamin Hoff

Humor
— Proverb
Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.
— Charles Schultz
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Inspirational
— Jimi Hendrix
-Steven Wright 
— L.M. Montgomery
Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.
— Rainer Maria Rilke
Perspective
How do we know that the sky is not green and we are all colour-blind?
Are you really sure that a floor can't also be a ceiling?


And this doesn't really have a catogory...

We're sharing things in our lives everyday that we wouldn't have picked up the phone to talk about ten years ago.
THE END


No comments:

Post a Comment