Tuesday, March 8, 2011
My Tuesday Trek
Today I had an adventure. I finished reading Anne of Avonlea, and really wanted the book that comes after it, Anne of the Island. I thought it would be a fun little adventure to walk to the library and back and get some books. My problem was that I was on a time limit. My mom said I could only go if I made sure I was back by sunset, at 5:54. It was 4:49. No problem, I have more then an hour. By the time I was ready it was 4:55. I was wearing blue sweatpants and had a bright green drawstring bag on my back and underneath by sweatshirt I was wearing a sweater. My outfit didn't really coordinate. When I started out, I ran all the way to my school, and walked the rest of the way. There was still some ice and some huge snow banks. I got my shoes wet. I was at the library at 5:18. Easy Peasy, I had a half hour to go. It took me longer then I expected finding my books, and I got stuck behind a mother with a lot of kids and picture books in the check-out line. I was running late. I left around 5:30. I had 24 minutes. I walked until Summer Ave, and bolted home. I walked the home stretch. According to Google Maps, the length from my house to the library on my route is 1.25 miles. It probably wasn't the shortest way, but it was the way I like the best. I walked\ran 2.5 miles and got some books. It was a successful afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment