Friday, October 30, 2009

The Daily Poetical

Happy Halloween!!!!

Here is a Harry Potter Ode (Magical.... suitable for Halloween)

Ode to Harry Potter Book

Journey's of Harry Potter
Sitting on the shelf
I pick up
The heavy book
Cover ripped and folded
But somehow still smooth
Thick as a dictionary
As I open the doors
To another universe.
Smells of Hogwarts
Drift into my head
The familiar scent of the pages
Brings back the adventures
And I start to read.
I can hear Harry's british accent
Mad-Eye Moddy's grumbling voice
Spells being cast left and right
I can taste the Welcoming Feast
And the chocolate frogs.
The suspenseful story intrigues me
Untill I am lost
In a magical world.
-Alyssa

Halloween Themed Poems

Candy

Covered in sugar,

Always need more-

Never anough,

Dentists nightmare, but to us, just

Yummy

by Alyssa

All Hallow's Night

by Lizzette Woodworth Reese

Two things I did on Hallow's Night;-

Made my house April-clear,

Left open wide my door

To the ghosts of the year.

Than one came in. Across the room

It stood up long and fair-

The ghost that was myself-

And gave me stare for stare.

Five Little Pumpkins

Five little pumpkins,

Sitting on a gate

The forst one said "Oh, my it's getting late!"

The second said "There are witches in the air."

The third one said "But we don't care."

The fourth one said "Let's run, run, run."

The fifth one said "Get ready for some fun!"

Then WOOOSHH went the wind and out went to lights

and the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment