Thursday, September 16, 2010
The Spontaneous Combustion of the Anticipation
The first days of school when I were little were almost magical. You'd be so excited with your brand new school supplies. Squeaky new pencils, crayons with sharp tips, shiny new notebooks, it was like an exciting world of replenishments. It seemed as if the school year would be filled with perpetual happiness. The magic always wore away, but I never minded much because I never minded school, I was an eager learner. But this year for reasons unknown (to even me) school didn't start like this. I started with boredom. The day that was supposed to be a new start, a new beginning was monotonous, irksome, like any Tuesday out of the middle of March, or some time like that. It wasn't like the first day of school! What happened to the excitement??? What happened to all the anticipation??? I don't know, it probably fell in a black hole or got flushed down a toilet or spontaneously combusted on the way to my house. Just my luck. Not even the next weeks brought me any remote feeling of beginning of the year-ness. It was this year I needed the anticipation the most. I was overwhelmed in the monotonous, befuddling world all the end of last year and the feeling never really went away in the summer so I needed change to shake me up a bit and put me down with a whole new perspective. I guess this wasn't the change I was looking for. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!
ReplyDeleteto bad i didn't write that for Mr. Olivo, the one I wrote for him was sooo bad!! I wrote this after.
ReplyDelete